Since the UO will deliver all classes remotely for Spring term, Class Encore will offer supplemental instruction support using Zoom. Please download the Zoom app or use the web-interface and use your University of Oregon email address and password to log into the application.
Each Class Encore session will have a unique link provided to participants by the Class Encore leader – please double check your UO email account for instructions on how to access your Class Encore session.
IMPORTANT: ONLY REGISTER FOR ONE SESSION PER COURSE. A CONFIRMATION EMAIL WILL BE SENT OUT WITHIN 36 HOURS.
Class Encore: Small study groups for challenging classes allow students to gather once a week outside of class to practice course concepts and strategies. Peer leaders attend the classes and design collaborative activities for each group meeting. Participation is FREE and open to ALL students enrolled in the class.
Students who sign up are encouraged to attend every week, weeks 2 – 10.
Space is limited to the first 10-15 students/study session (course dependent).
Get the most out of Remote Class Encore
- Make sure that you have the Zoom client installed. We recommend students participate using a laptop, desktop, or tablet.
- Access to the sessions will require you to sign into zoom using your UO DuckID and password for security.
- Ensure that your audio and video work. We ask that you turn on your camera if available as it helps build a sense of community.
- If noise could be an issue when you are participating in the session we suggest utilizing headphones with a microphone.
- Be prepared to attend the session for its entirety. We suggest ensuring your device is fully charged or plugged in, you are somewhere comfortable and well lit, and you can work distraction free for the hour. More suggestions found here.
- Familiarize yourself with screen sharing or shared whiteboards. Class Encore will make use of Breakout Rooms and encourage participants to collaboratively work and discuss activities using screen sharing methods and annotation tools.
Zoom, and remote learning in general, require all of us to learn new skills and programs. Rest assured that Class Encore is working continuously to ensure that the level of service provided is as close to our historical models.
To learn more about Zoom and its features, please visit their FAQ page for video tutorials on its features and capabilities.
Registration opens Friday, April 3 at 6am PST!
A CONFIRMATION EMAIL WILL BE SENT WITHIN 36 HOURS. PLEASE REGISTER FOR ONLY ONE SESSION PER COURSE.
Courses Supported by Class Encore Spring 2020
|Accounting 211||Biology 212||Chemistry 222||Math 241 with Petersen|
|CIS 211||Biology 214||Chemistry 223||Math 243|
Class Encore offers support for Math 101 with embedded Learning Assistants (LAs). To see the hours of support each LA has for their specific section of Math 101 please click the button below.